Indiana Jones’ Greatest Adventures is a 1994 platform video game released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It is a video game adaptation of the Indiana Jones films Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989). The game was developed by Factor 5 and published by JVC Musical Industries, Inc. The story is told through cutscenes and text and is mostly faithful to the movies. Its release coincided with that of Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, also released by JVC and LucasArts and in the same platform style as the Super Star Wars trilogy.
A Sega Mega Drive/Genesis port of the game was apparently completed and ready to be released between summer and autumn of 1995, and was reviewed in GamePro (#73, August 1995, rated 3.5 out of 5.0) and in Germany’s GAMERS (November 1995 issue, rated 2 (B Grade). Like many third-party titles near the end of the Genesis’ life, however, the game was shelved and was never released.
The game was re-released for the Wii’s Virtual Console service on November 16, 2009 and in the PAL region on April 23, 2010 for 800 Nintendo Points.
Indiana Jones Game Series [View Indiana Jones Full Game Series]
- Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game
- Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures
- Indiana Jones’ Greatest Adventures
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
- Indiana Jones and the Lost Puzzles
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings