Operation is a computer game adaptation of the classic board game where the
goal is to gingerly remove objects from a patient’s body on the operating
table. In this variation, up to 4 players can play doctor and travel to
hospitals in 5 exotic locations and treat an impressive diversity of ailing
patients. In each of the hospitals, the players can choose to play the
classical Operation game or a game unique to that hospital. The classical
Operation game entails using the mouse to guide a pair of tweezers into the
patient and remove a foreign object without touching anything else inside the
The 5 different hospitals and their special games are:
1. Haunted Hospital: Treat a variety of monsters such as mummies and disco wolfmen. The special game for this level is to get the frog out of the patient’s throat by guiding the frog up the throat, past all manner of food items that the other doctor is inexplicably tossing down.
2. Rainforest: In the open rainforest, the player functions as more of a veterinarian than a medical doctor, treating gorillas, chickens, and other wildlife. The special game in this stage is Medical Melodies which is a memory game. Memorize and replay the sequence of organs played to make music and cure the patient.
3. Space Hospital: Treat astronauts, aliens, and robots in this orbiting hospital. The special game is one in which your cohort shrinks himself into a nanoprobe that the player must manually guide through the patient to eliminate pathogens.
4. Main Hospital: This hospital is where the patient from the original Operation game is treated; other normal humans are here as well. The special game is Cowboy Germ Fighter where the player must guide the benevolent cowboy germ to jump on, and therefore swallow, the bad germs.
5. Dinosaur Hospital: Travel back to prehistoric times to help dinosaur patients back on their feet. The special game is an Asteroids clone where the player is suspended by a rope in the middle of a dinosaur’s stomach. Burp bubbles are rising. Rotate the caveman doctor and fire pink antacid gas to break up the bubbles.
A player moves up a grade for every 5 successful patient treatments. The goal
is to cure 25 patients.
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||Intel Pentium||Pentium 166MHz|
|RAM||16 MB||32MB RAM|
|Direct X||DirectX 5.2|
|CD-ROM||4X (600 KB/s)|