Hokuto no Ken – Violence Gekiga Adventure is a graphic adventure game that was released for Japanese home computers by Enix on May 1986, making it the very first video game based on the Hokuto no Ken franchise. It was released for the NEC PC-8801, NEC PC-9801, FM7 and X1.
The game’s story is loosely based on the Southern Cross story arc from the original manga. The objective is to help Kenshiro and Bat infiltrate the city of Southern Cross and defeat Shin. As with most adventure games, the player must navigate Ken and Bat through a menu-based command system that will allow them to obtain vital items that will lead them to their ultimate goal. Additionally, Kenshiro must also confront Shin’s various underlings throughout the course of the story. The fighting sequences uses a so-called “vital point system” (秘孔システム) in which an enemy can only be defeated by striking specific vital points. The player must search for information or clues that will help them figure out the weak spots of each enemy.
Fist of the North Star Game Series [View Fist of the North Star Full Game Series]
- Last Battle
- Fighting Mania: Fist of the North Star
- Jissen Pachi-Slot Pachinko Hisshouhou! Wii: Hokuto no Ken Sammy’s Collection
- Punch Mania Hokuto no Ken 2: Gekitou Shura no Kuni Hen
- Pachislot Souten no Ken
- Fist of the North Star: 10 Big Brawls for the King of Universe
- Black Belt
- Hokuto no Ken Online
- Hokuto no Ken: Violence Gekiga Adventure
- Pachislot Souten no Ken 2