DTD naturally has many similarities to other tower defence games, but at Orbital we love to break conventions wherever we can. Each level in DTD consists of a base for each the human player and the enemy AI, connected by several paths. Gameplay includes the traditional placement of towers, as well as many other mechanics to create a more rich and varied ‘new’ Tower Defence variant. The name, lore and graphic style of the game are still all pending, but we’ve managed to get a very nice base down, which implements nearly all of the game mechanics.
* Buildings: the player and AI will fight to capture pre-placed buildings. These buildings are placed by the level designers in strategic locations and can be for any purpose ranging from resource acquisition to unit production.
* Units: in TD games, it is common for the player to control the turrets and the enemies to stream in from 1 side of the screen in a large line. In DTD, units are available for both teams and are constantly produced from factories.
* Turrets: what kind of TD game wouldn’t have turrets? There will be a wide range of turrets to choose from in DTD.
* Facilities: similar to turrets but without an attack. Facilities are used for resource gathering, technology research and many other purposes.
* Traps: several traps will be available, and can be placed as a last line of defence.
* Orbital Attacks: very powerful airstrikes guided by the player
Domination Tower Defence was developed by Orbital Games
Domination Tower Defence was Released on Windows,X360
Domination Tower Defence is a Single & Multiplayer game