36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples was developed by Sega Enterprises Ltd., Released in December 1994
Challenge 36 of the Country’s Finest Golf Holes
GOLF MAGAZINE has selected 36 spectacular golf holes famous courses like Doral, Kiawah, Firestone, Harbour Town, Bay Hill, Torrey Pines and many more. Take on Fred Couples, 2-Time PGA TOUR Player of the Year, or play as Fred and drive the 300 yards!
Ultra-Realistic Golf Features
* Remarkable shot control-Hit a fade or draw, hit it high or low.
* 3 types of club shafts, 3 types of heads for your woods and select your own combination of 14 clubs!
* Choose men or women players.
Premier Golf Play Modes
* 7 ways to play: Practice, Match Play, Stroke Play, Tournament Play, Shoot Out, Skins Game & Scramble.
* Thousands of 18 holes course combinations or play Fred’s Favorite 18 holes!
* Beautiful 32X graphics reproduce these famous holes in spectacular detail.
Battery Backup Saves All Vital Stats
* Handicaps, Longest Drive, Greens Hit in Regulation, Par Saves, Skins Won and save up to 4 instant replays!
* Create and name up to 24 different players track their stats.
GAME ID: 84602
CART. Size: 24 Meg. with battery.
Released in December 1994 in the USA. Retail price: $74.99
ESRB Rating of K-A Ages 6+.
[JP] “36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples [Model GM-5002]”
[EU] “36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples [Model 84602-50]”
A Mega-CD version was planned but cancelled.
– TIPS AND TRICKS –
Resize Objects: This code requires a 6-button controller. Go to the OPTIONS screen and press the MODE button. You will then goto Scale Objects screen. You can choose objects with the C button. The A button decreases the size of the object and B increases the size.
Sega Sports Team
Design: Guy Carver, Brent Erickson, Shaun Mitchell
Project Manager: Guy Carver
Programming: Guy Carver, Yingue Xu, Jeffrey K. Hughes (Jeff Hughes), Matt Fairweather
Art Director: Shaun Mitchell
Art: Christy Mueller
Technical Art/Video: Bart Rydalch
Course Design: Michael Matthews
Music/Sound: Ron Saltmarsh, Andy Warr
Producer: Michael Meischeid
Assistant Producer: Chris Cutliff
Product Manager: Craig Ostrander
Lead Tester: Todd Morgan
Assistant Lead Testers: Jason Friedman, Matt McKnight, Lancelot Nelson (Lance Nelson), Peter Clark
Testers: David Perkinson (Dave Perkinson), John Melchior, Tracy Johnson (Tracy Jonson), John Jansen, Xan Lang, Ken Spalasso, Timothy Spengler (Tim Spengler), Lorne Asuncion, Armando Anguiano, Todd Phifer, Manuel Sousa (Manual Sousa), Scott Hill, Jeff Jones, Stan Weaver, Atom Ellis, John Ries, Mark Griffin, Aron Drayer, Mike Williams, Greg Watkins, Fernando Valderrama (Fernando Valderama), Kevin Johnson, Don Carmichael, Lloyd Kinoshita, Sean McInnes, Dan Webber, Leroy Tipette, Peter Golyn, Dana Green, Ken Radcliff, Doug Smith
Manual: T. S. Flanagan (T.S. Flanagan)
Special Thanks: Wayne Townsend, Doug Rebert, Rosie Freeman, Fred Couples, Lenore Rivera, Lynn Roach, Doria Sanchez