- Size 15.4 MB
- Ratings 2
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
Finding gems is not all luck. Improve your chances by using logic to choose squares of land to excavate. Use clues to uncover gems and preserve green space by avoiding unnecessary digging. Learn and practice logic skills by using information that you discover as you excavate squares in plots of land in four different levels of grid sizes (4 x 4, 6 x 6, 8 x 8, and 10 x 10 grids). Play alone or with a friend.
Gems are randomly placed in plots of land made up of squares of grass. You excavate a square by touching it to reveal one of the following:
• a gem,
• dirt and rocks,
• dirt, rocks, and a number, or
• a red dot superimposed on one of the non-gem alternatives.
The goal is to excavate all of the gems in a plot of land, using clues to make better decisions about which squares to excavate.
A number in an excavated square indicates that gems are in that number of adjoining squares. Players can use that information to make decisions about
• squares that either do or may contain gems and
• squares that will not contain gems.
A square that reveals only dirt and rocks will have no gems in any adjacent square.
A red dot will appear on any square that is excavated unnecessarily, so players can improve their skills by seeing their mistakes immediately.
• In Gem Detector, people of all ages can enjoy using logic to find gems!
• Players who enjoy Minesweeper can use similar logic skills in a different context to find gems.
• Parents looking for less warlike alternatives to Minesweeper will appreciate Gem Detector.
• Requires only single touches to excavate squares.
• Game provides immediate feedback in a non-busy setting conducive to thoughtful exploration.
• Gem Detector can be used educationally for practical math explorations.
• Self-contained. Players will not see ads. Children (and other players) will not have access to in-app purchases or Internet from within this app.
Visit the website to download suggestions of educational activities that can be used with this app at home or in a classroom.