- Size 59.8 MB
- Ratings 0
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
- Developer: Vizuelle Software Stockholm AB
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2016-02-16
- Supports: Family Sharing
- Languages: English, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Make speech therapy fun with Fonemo Photo. The app is intended for older children in special school who needs to practice pronunciation. It contains simple memory game based on photographs and 5 speech sounds to practice with three difficulty levels. The word is played every time you turn a card.
"I really liked that the app is easy to setup and understand. I think this is a nice alternative to the standard speech practice sheets that are often sent home." says Amanda Blackburn, reviewer on the website iHeartThisApp.
Fonemo Photo is a tool to help children and young people with speech sound disorders. With Fonemo you can practice for instance the sound s in many ways. To make the training of speech sounds fun, Fonemo works as a game. Saying words out loud is part of the game. You can record the users pronunciation and together you can listen to it.
If you have played the game memory you can play Fonemo Photo. Pair cards with images that are alike. In Fonemo Photo all the images contain words with the current speech sound. You can press the microphone that you will find on the game board, repeat the word and listen to it. The recorded sound will play automatically, but you can also press the green play button if you want to listen to it again.
Fonemo Photo is easy to learn. The user does not have to be literate since the game is based on images. The cards contain words with the current speech sound in the beginning, the middle or in the end. You can also practice the speech sound adjacent to a vowel, a consonant or multipel consonants.
How to play Fonemo Photo
Turn a card by poking it. Turn a second card. If the two cards look the same, it's a pair. And you have won it! If you play as a single player, pair all cards on the board.
If you are two players keep pairing cards until there is a mismatch. Then the turn goes to the other player. A green light will help you keep track on who's turn it is. When you have matched two cards and got a pair, it is the same players turn again, the green light will then flash to remind you.
You can vary Fonemo Photo in many ways:
• Play with the f-sound
• Play with the g-sound
• Play with the k-sound
• Play with the l-sound
• Play with the r-sound
• Play with the s-sound
Play with the current speech sound
• in the beginning of the word
• in the middle of the word
• in the end of the word
• or a mix of all words
• Single player with no opponent
• Two players sitting next to each other
• Two players sitting opposite each other
• Easy level: Few cards with words easy to pronounce
• Medium level
• Hard level: Lots of cards with more difficult words
• Listen to the word every time you turn a card
• Mute the sound on the cards
Fonemo Photo has a parent lock to the help section and external links.
You can play Fonemo Photo in English, Swedish or Norwegian. To change language you need to change it in the iPad's settings. The number of speech sounds can vary in the different languages.
In the family of Fonemo-apps there are
• Fonemo - buy the speech sounds you need in the app (iPad)
• Fonemo Plus+ - all speech sounds are included from the beginning (iPad)
• Fonemo Photo - all speech sounds are included from the beginning (iPad)
• Minifonemo - a smaller version (iPhone)
• Fonemo Lite - a free version to test s-sound (iPad)
A little different concepts
• Sound Pictures - use your voice to make pictures slide into the app (iPad, iPhone)
- FACEMOTION : Use your face to Play! Augmented reality multiplayer!
- Facepoke: Get one of the Best Puzzle Games Free
- Facepunch.io Boxing Arena
- FaceQuiz - The Celebrity Trivia Game
- FaceRush Challenge
- Faces - Learning Kids Games for baby boys & girls
- Faces iMake - ABC
- Faces iMake - Premium!
- Faces iMake - Right Brain Creativity
- Faces of Illusion: The Twin Phantoms
- Faces of Illusion: The Twin Phantoms (Full)
- Faces Random