- Size 39.8 MB
- Ratings 15
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
- Developer: Havos Ltd
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2013-05-14
- Supports: Game Center,Family Sharing
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
This is by far the most flexible word search app on the market. Multiple configuration options create a game that exactly corresponds to your device and your expertise.
Play with an English word list or choose one of 25 other languages.
Bored of seeing the same words appear repeatedly? Frustrated at looking for bizarre words that are not even English? Struggled with grids that are inappropriate for your device or difficult to read? Word Search Ultimate solves all these problems.
You can configure:
1) Grid size
Specify exactly how many columns and rows to use (from 3 to 20). Even non square grids (e.g. 12x15) are possible.
2) Screen layout
Choose how much screen space for the grid and how much for the word list, using our unique movable split bar.
3) Difficulty of the game
Specify approximate proportion of words that are written diagonally, backwards or vertically (e.g. allow no diagonal or backwards words, ideal for introducing children to Word Search).
4) Difficulty of the words
Specify the size of the dictionary to generate a game, from the 500 most common words (good for kids and language students), up to 80,000 words.
5) Maximum # of words
Choose the maximum number of words to find in one game, from 1 to 150. This will provide enough words to fill a 20x20 grid.
6) Minimum & Maximum word length
This helps avoid searching for many small words (a common problem in word apps). Also useful for specifying really difficult games (e.g. set both minimum and maximum word length to three).
Mark the already found words, or keep the grid unmarked and easy to read.
8) Word list layout
The word list can be arranged in columns for easy reading, or close to each other to minimize screen space.
Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 26 languages are currently available (see below).
Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
11) Word categories
Choose the words to find from a range of categories; e.g. animals, food etc.
This app gives you the ultimate power to play the game just the way you want.
Each game is assigned a difficulty level from 0 (easy) to 9 (very hard). The difficulty level is determined by the settings. Each difficulty level maintains the high scores (measured by fastest time to complete the game). The game displays the best 20 scores for each difficulty level.
Other features unique to this app:
1) Two methods of selecting words: (i) the classic swipe (ii) by touching the first and last letter of the word from the grid.
2) Game aid if you are having difficulty. You can choose to reveal a word that you cannot find.
3) View the definition of the word from an online source (e.g. Wiktionary), optimized for viewing on a small screen.
4) When you play with a word list in a foreign language, the word definition will (where possible) be in your own language. This is great for language learning!
Additional Features planned for a future version of this app:
1) Blind mode. The word list is hidden. Instead you must find the words within the grid. Useful in combination with word categories.
2) Play against others.
3) Give us feedback on other features you would like to see.
Dictionaries available are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Polish, Norwegian, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later