- Size 143.7 MB
- Ratings 58
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
- Developer: Element26, Inc.
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2018-01-12
- Supports: Game Center,Family Sharing
- Languages: English
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Backside Attack is an educational app targeting students learning organic chemistry for the first time.
The game focuses on the SN2 reaction, which is often one of the first reactions students learn when studying organic chemistry. The SN2 reaction is great for educational purposes, as it provides a forum for students to learn about many common variables associated with chemical reactions, such as leaving group ability, nucleophilicity, steric factors, and solvent effects.
The Backside Attack project is led by Dr. Neil Garg, an organic chemistry Professor at UCLA. He and six UCLA students (now alumni) devoted countless hours to creating the game flow and all content. The heroic students are: Tara Kappel, Preeya Mehta, William Parsons Stefan Prisacaru, Ernst Schmid, and Justin Soffer. Backside Attack is powered by Element26, Inc., thanks to Dr. Daniel D. Caspi.
Students, be sure to:
Learn even more and earn points by using the Check Yourself +50 feature on the scoring screen!
Unlock the Chem Yourself feature by completing each topic!
- Rhythmic Village - Learn Music
- Rhythmic! Ryoma and Oryo
- Rhythms: Learn to play music
- RhythmStar: Music Adventure
- RIA Retail
- Ribbit Frog
- Ribbit Racer - Car Driving Control With One Touch
- Ribbon Jump
- RIBBONS - Puzzle Game
- Ribhouse Texas Game
- RIBOT VI
- Ricardo's Alphabet Game Board