- Size 29.3 MB
- Ratings 8
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
- Developer: British Red Cross Society
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2016-07-13
- Supports: Family Sharing
- Languages: English
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Humanitarian organizations can't help people if they can't find them. MapSwipe is a mobile app that lets you search satellite imagery to help put the world's most vulnerable people on the map.
MapSwipe, developed in collaboration with the Missing Maps Project, allows users to remotely contribute to humanitarian missions. Users choose a task in a crisis prone part of the world, such as spotting villages at risk of a cholera outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, for example, and swipe through satellite images of the region, tapping the screen to mark the location of settlements, roads, rivers, and other features.
This information is fed back to mappers who use it to build detailed maps that can be used in the field. At present, these mappers must spend days scrolling through thousands of images of uninhabited forest or scrubland in search of small, far-flung communities. With MapSwipe, members of the public can donate their time to organizations like Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Red Cross, expediting the arduous process of locating the people who need their help. With this generous contribution from users like you, mappers - and ultimately medical professionals on the ground - can get straight to work.
- Q Mine Sweep Deluxe - Great Classic Puzzle Game
- Q Sprite
- Q!: The Impossible Challenge
- Q&A BPOL
- Q&A MLB Baseball Quiz Maestro
- Q&A NBA Basketball Quiz Maestro
- Q&A NHL Ice Hockey Quiz Maestro
- Q&A NRL Rugby League Quiz Maestro
- Q&A Party
- Q&A Quiz Maestro: American NFL Football Game Edition
- Q&A STAR
- Q's Hex
- Q-Bit Revolution