War Mongrels is an isometric real-time tactics game that takes place on the eastern front of World War II. Its story-driven campaign takes inspiration in the grim events that actually took place and the real stories that arose from them. Dive into the dark side of war on your own or in co-op.
## About This Game
War Mongrels, or WM, is an isometric real-time tactics game that takes place
on the eastern front of World War II. This part of the war has been receiving
less attention in gaming, even though it ended or changed a considerable
number of lives and brought forward many stories of courage, comradery, but
also further proof of twisted societies and the darkest parts of the human
character. War Mongrels builds its foundations on these two opposing mental
forces. First driven by propaganda, our heroes soon find their purpose in
fighting back the expanding Nazi forces that entangled them in the
international conflict in the first place. From boys to men in days, they open
their eyes to the atrocities of war and find their purpose in the fight to
prevent further meaningless killing.
The heavily history-inspired storyline guides players through the journey of
two Wehrmacht soldiers as they go from deserters to hefty guerilla fighters.
Their team expands as they meet new characters who support the same cause. As
each character has their own set of skills and advantages, players must learn
to combine them effectively to outsmart the enemy during a variety of missions
in a changing environment. Sneaking, distraction, silent kills, and using the
environment are some of the main skills players will have to take to heart,
but a stock of firearms will also be available and useful in completing
mission objectives. And as the goal of every hero is to save others and
hopefully survive, our heroes strive to prevent the deaths of innocent people
instead of getting away from the war as originally intended.
## Main Features
* Join forces – Online co-operative multiplayer for two players.
* Historical lesson – Events, dates, locations, weapons, uniforms, in-game historical articles, and much more.
* Use force! – Have you been spotted? Draw your weapon and try to shoot your way out!
* Unique team – Each character has their own personality, background, and skills to use during the journey.
* Take or break – Interactive environment that opens up many tactical options.
* Replay value – Try different tactics in each mission, play alone, or with different friends.
* Dark world – War is hell, and War Mongrels doesn’t sugar coat anything.
* Infernal storyline – As grim as the bloody trenches where dead soldiers remain after battle.
* Just wow! – Audio-visual quality like you’ve never seen in an RTT game before.
## Mature Content Description
The developers describe the content like this:
Violence, blood, dark themes and bad language to be experienced throughout
the whole game, as it realistically portraits the War. Torture and killing of
the innocent, shown or implied to be present at places. Gore is present in
limited amount. Atmosphere may be found scary by some.