This content requires the base game Train Simulator 2019 on Steam in order to play.
## About This Content
The Class 156 DMU, also known as a Super Sprinter, was built from 1987 to 1989
by Metro-Cammell as part of the effort to replace the ageing fleet of first-
generation DMUs dating back to the 1950s. The Class 156s were all built as
two-car sets, each set comprising a pair of driving motor units. Powered by
6-cylinder diesel engines, Super Sprinters are rated to run at 75mph and are
used mainly for suburban and short-haul branch line duties. All units have now
passed from British Rail ownership into private hands, and are currently in
operation with a number of train operators including Scotrail, Northern Rail,
East Midlands Trains, and National Express East Anglia.
**Please note that the Class 156 cannot be controlled using the in-game HUD
driver interface or Xbox controller.
## Updated Features
* Projecting exterior headlights for low light visibility
* Cab night lighting (activated using Shift + L)
* QuickDrive Compatible
## Key Features:
* Advance Warning System (AWS) self-test routine.
* Fully functional destination blind (operates during game-play).
* Westinghouse notched brake system.
* Animated cab accessories such as windows, sun blinds and arm rest.
* Fully functional wheel slip protection (WSP) with realistic speedo fluctuations.
* High quality audio with stereo cab sound effects.
* Semi-functional “compressor speed up” feature.
* Realistic cab night lighting effects.
* Driver to guard buzzer.
* Drivers Reminder Application (DRA).
* 6 liveries:Regional Railways, Express, CT, ONE, Northern and Scotrail.
Scenarios for the Great Western Main Line route, East Coast Main Line
(Newcastle to York) route and Test Trak route:
* Northern in the South
* Norwich Knowledge
* Where should they go?
* Sprinting the ECML
* Shunt move
|Minimum System Requirements|
|CPU||Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)|
|RAM||2 GB RAM|
|OS||Windows® Vista / 7 / 8|
|Graphics Card||512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)|
|SOUND CARD||Direct X 9.0c compatible|
|HDD Space||6 GB HD space|