Violet Detector, like its predecessors Shoot the Bullet, Double Spoiler and Impossible Spell Card, is a collection of many individual danmaku patterns that the player can choose from at their leisure. In addition to the usual mechanic of taking photographs that clear enemy bullets, Sumireko has several psychic superpowers at her disposal, such as teleportation. The game features all of the characters who debuted in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom and Hidden Star in Four Seasons, plus Reimu, Marisa, and most of the final and EX bosses from previous games.
Sumireko Usami, psychic teenager and frequent visitor to Gensokyo, finds herself trapped in a nightmare wherein Gensokyo's residents are relentlessly attacking her with danmaku. A frustrated Sumireko decides to make the best of the situation by photographing the danmaku patterns to share on social media, and after doing so, finds that she's been freed from the dream. Three long weeks of danmaku nightmares follow...
Touhou Project Game Series [View Touhou Project Full Game Series]
- Touhou 16 Hidden Star in Four Seasons
- Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
- Touhou 13.5 Hopeless Masquerade
- Touhou Rhythm Carnival Scarlet
- Touhou 12 Undefined Fantastic Object
- Gensokyo no Nazo
- duplicate The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
- Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
- Touhou 14.3 – Impossible Spell Card
- The Genius of Sappheiros