It started with a glitch in the darkness. An ancient mechanism of peculiar purpose calling out. A puzzle of synths, shattered neon, and intricate interlocking systems. Only you can fix it so relax and remember: everything is connected.
## About This Game
SOLAS is a synthwave-infused puzzle game about directing pulses of light
through a dark and damaged landscape. Synchronize the rhythmic movement of
sprawling, neon clockwork as you learn to understand the rules of this broken
world and the strange glyphs that control it.
SOLAS is made up of a single, constantly simulated, seamless world. The
initial pulses emitted from the logo flow through every puzzle. Each room
solved serves as a smaller piece of a greater whole. Every gate opened unlocks
new paths to explore. Though comprised of colour-based puzzles, SOLAS has been
designed from the ground up to be colourblind-friendly.
Explore the dark enough and maybe, just maybe, you’ll discover how to fix
* Over 150 interlocking puzzle screens
* A beautiful synth-inspired visual style with a story where music powers everything
* Designed from the ground up to be colourblind-friendly
* A seamless world to navigate – changes in one room will affect those that follow
* An original synth/chillwave soundtrack
* Hidden areas to discover, and secrets to decypher
* No text or dialogue: the visuals and music speak for themselves
Amicable Animal: A one-person studio — part-time lecturer, part-time games
developer, full-time tea drinker. He loves combining old-school mechanics with
minimalist, modern game design. SOLAS is his first commercial game.
Jamesy Downie: The musician behind the synthwave sound of SOLAS. Obsessed with
everything 80s and VHS related, he created a soundtrack that relaxes, and
hints at an underlying darkness.
Steven McSeveney: Sound Designer and all-round audio nerd; he creates
immersive sonic experiences to bring worlds to life. He created the sound
effects for SOLAS, marrying the neon-rich visuals with the game’s synth-