Shivering Hearts is a light-hearted role-playing game illustrated through detailed, hand-drawn watercolour paintings. Explore a world that reacts to your choices.
## About This Game
Explore a unique fantasy setting with your childhood friend, Rin, and uncover
what ills are plaguing the village of Shivering Hearts.
Become enraptured by a colourful cast of characters and experience beauty,
heart-ache, romance, death, hope, nihilism, betrayal, regret, loss, and maybe
even help someone on the verge of complete mental collapse.
* Beautifully detailed, hand-drawn watercolour landscapes and characters.
* An emotionally gripping story that reacts to your choices.
* Meet a cast of 17 characters, each with their own personalities, goals and dreams.
* The game is a complex web of intricate dialogue choices and cascading consequences. Almost every choice has unique dialogue and outcomes.
* No combat or leveling. This might seem strange to put as a “feature”, but I don’t want to misrepresent the experience as a typical RPG, even though I would love to design such mechanics
## Free Demo
Check out the free demo above for an exclusive ending! I believe demos are
great for people to try out an experience and see if it resonates with them
without committing to a price point.
## Why I made this
Over the past 9 months, I created Shivering Hearts by myself with RPG Maker MV
in my free time to show my artistic skills. I also wanted to create something
that brings back the magic that I sorely miss from old school 1990s PC RPGs
like Baldur’s Gate 2, Fallout 1, 2, and Planescape; Torment. CLANNAD,
Undertale, LISA: the Painful RPG, and Oneshot were also huge influences.
Role Playing Games can be so much more than combat, stats, character builds
and optimal play (however, I still value these game design aspects very, very
much). I wanted to challenge myself to see if I can still create an engaging
experience that doesn’t have combat or leveling mechanics, within a 1 month
period. That turned into 10 months. I wanted to make a game with deep
conversation trees, memorable characters and an emotionally touching story.
RPG Maker MV allowed me to create and bug-test very intricate dialogue trees
that match the quality and scale of those older titles but at the fraction of
the development time and with plenty of polish. I hope that I have done those