Shadow Empire is an immersive and rather complex turn-based wargame with a unique mix of military focus, 4X elements, procedural generation and role-playing features.
## About This Game
Shadow Empire puts you in the seat of the supreme ruler of a small nation
destined for greatness and reconquering a devastated Planet.
You have Leaders to help you govern your Zones, administer your Organisations
and lead your armies. You’ll also have Stratagems available that you can play
on various targets.
It is in essence a game about military conquest, but you will also engage in
diplomacy, budgets, organizational management, your economy, infrastructure,
design and many more details.
The game has a very procedural design that will ensure re-playability and
experimentation. Not only are the Planets procedurally generated, also the
equipment you are fighting with is.
A separate system for discovery of Techs, Formation Types and Model Types and
their research/development also ensures that you’ll have to work with
different playing pieces each game.
The game universe is designed to evoke the feeling of being on another planet
in some dark future, but at the same time to stay familiar. It is a game that
does not deny it is a game, but it has a strong thematic focus on keeping
things relatively realistic.
For a strategy game there is a relatively strong roleplaying angle where
you’ll need to keep your leaders happy in order for them to do their jobs well
and not get any ideas of rebellion.
There is a lot of potential micro management to engage in and to offset this
the game has Stratagems that allow sweeping actions by just clicking the ‘play
stratagem’ button. This allows a mental break from the micro stuff, for
helping the player get out of a fix and enforcing the thematics as well.
This game is one of the most ambitious games VR Designs ever made.
It is a very rich experience and a truly unique game that is no cookie-cutter
of something you have already seen before
* Most turns you’ll have to make Decisions on events occuring in your Zones, with your Leaders or with third parties (for example: cults, crime syndicates)
* Procedurally generated Planets according to the rules of Astrobiology that include Climates, Rainfall, Deserts, Snow, Glaciers, Lava streams, Deep Forests, Alien Evolution, Mountain chains, Resources, Rivers, Biohazard Level and Respiratory Hazard Level, etc.
* Detailed Combat Resolution taking into account factors as Readiness, Morale, Supplies, Experience, Entrenchment, Landscapes, Recon, Rivers, Weapon and Armor Technologies, Concentric Attacks, Leader Skills and Posture Stratagems.
* Discover and Operationalize over a 100 different Formation Types, each in 3 different sizes (like Infantry Armor, Heavy Assault Brigade, etc)
* Discover and Design 30+ different Model Types (like Light Tank, Walkers, Missile Launchers, etc…)
* The game starts at a Low Tech Level, but at the end of the Tech Tree you’ll find knowledge that allows you to build (for example): Laser Guns, Atomic Missile Launchers, Walkers, Shield-Generators and even ICBMs.
* Discover and Research over a 100 different Tech Fields (like Assault Rifle, Algae Vats)
* Units can pick up supplies from a road hex inside the Logistical Network in a certain operational supply range.
* You can extend your Logistics Network capabilities by building Roads or Rails as well as constructing Truck Stations, Maglev Station and Supply Base Assets.
* Leaders can be recruited and appointed to become Zone Governors, Council Directors, Army Commanders or Advisors.
* Leaders can have over 40 different Skills and can receive Leader Feats to augment their Stats
* You can play Stratagems (cards) on other Regimes, Leaders or Zones. Over 150+ available.
* Unsatisfied Leaders could leave you, rebel or turn corrupt.
* Leaders tend to band together in Factions.
* Factions will put forward Demands on you, like asking you to conquer a neighbour or raise your Tech Level.
* You either have a Parliament, Senate or Politburo in your nation, you will be able to change system during a game
* On the Diplomacy front: Minor Regimes can be coerced to become a vassal or even join you. Major Regimes can be tied into a number of pact and deals to ensure a peaceful coexistence.
* Realistic supply model where running out stuff always has consequences. Lack of Oil will immobilize your troops, lack of Ammo will for sure stop any offensive operations and a lack of Food might just starve and kill your Troops and Populace.
* Different kinds of Mining operations possible: Water, Metal, Rare Metals, Oil and Radioactives.
* Prospecting is often necessary for discovering Resources that could be mined
* Scavenge Ruins and discover rare Artifacts.
* Supports multi-player
|Minimum System Requirements|
|RAM||2 GB RAM|
|OS||Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Graphics Card||8MB video memory|
|Direct X||Version 9.0c|
|SOUND CARD||DirectX Compatible 9 Sound Card|
|HDD Space||500 MB available space|
You must log in to post a comment