PLAYNE : The Meditation Game was developed by Vismaya, Released in 2018-06-22
PLAYNE : The Meditation Game was Released on Windows
PLAYNE : The Meditation Game is a Single Player game
“I never would have considered to practise meditation if it wasn’t for this game. As someone struggling with anxiety disorder, I usually have a hard time controlling my thoughts and feelings, but this game actually helps me to come at ease whenever I need it and for that I am very grateful.” – Senugia
“the moment I started “playing” this game I changed my mind, and I will definitely use these methods to help myself not only in critical moments but also in everyday life, just to make myself feel better. I’d definitely recommend this game to everyone.” – Aga I My, Steam Curator
“Good choice for anyone that wants to start or re-start a daily meditation routine and feels the need for a little motivational aid” – 711
“before this app, I didn’t meditate at all. Since I started meditating with Playne, I only missed one day over the last 60 days or so” – Drone-Ah
## You are the wanderer
** At your ripe old age of 417, you ‘ve forgotten what made the sun stop moving, how the trees stopped growing and why everyone became immortal. **
That is, until you met a little fox who wanted to help you remember, who wanted to show you how to bring balance back to the world.
## what Is Playne?
Playne in an indie game which teaches how to meditate and build a mindfulness practise. As you meditate daily, the game world transforms from a barren landscape to one that is lush and full of growth. As you progress through the evolution, you also discover the story of Playne by talking to the guardian of Playne, Fox. All the while, helping you to find calmness and improve your overall well-being.
## Features of Playne
* Learn a super simple and effective meditation technique
* Helps you to build a consistent mindfulness practise
* Experience the many powerful benefits of mindfulness
* Game world which evolves as you progress
* Game world which responds to your meditation practice
* Explore the Story of Playne, written by a BAFTA nominated film-maker
**Our alpha testing feedback is as follows:**
* Over 85% of players who played more than once said they “felt better” after playing Playne
* Over 80% of players found the meditation technique easy to understand and practise
* Over 90% of players said that Playne encouraged them to meditate everyday
## What is Meditation?
In simple terms, meditation is like exercise for your consciousness. The more you do it, the better you get at it and the better you’ll be.
Here are some of the proven benefits of meditation.
* Cultivate creativity
* Improve immunity
* Improve your mood and psychological well-being
* Increases feelings of compassion and decreases worry
* decreases feelings of loneliness
* Decrease depression
* Better regulate mood and anxiety disorders
* Prepares you to deal with stressful events
* Reduces stress and anxiety
* Reduces symptoms of panic disorder
* Reduce addictions
* Improves your focus, attention, and ability to work under stress
* Improves information processing and decision-making
* Improves mental resilience and emotional intelligence
* Relieves pain better than morphine
* Helps manage ADHD
* Increases the ability to keep focus in spite of distractions
* Improves learning, memory and self-awareness
* Decreases inflammatory disorders
* Decreases cellular-level inflammation
* Helps prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease
* Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and premature death
* Helps manage psoriasis
* Reduces emotional eating
Details of scientific studies can be found here : Liveanddare.com
## A word from the developer
I’m Krish, and I created Playne. This might be a one man team, but I’ve had the support of some wonderful people, without whom Playne would not have been possible. I am eternally grateful to you (you know who you are!)
I would ideally make Playne free – not because I don’t believe in capitalism, but because I want the benefits of Playne to be freely available to everyone. Unfortunately, this is my first game and I need to generate revenue so that I can spend my time building and developing Playne further. I’m also looking to develop a handful of other game ideas which find the synergy between mindfulness and video games. Unfortunately, to find time I need to find revenue.
I want to offer as much of my time and effort to bring about a happier world, even if its just a wee drop in the ocean #deep. I hope this page tells you what my game can do for you, and I hope Playne can help you experience all the benefits of mindfulness.
## Why am I making Playne?
I love meditation and I love playing video games. I think meditation is an extremely powerful tool that can help us become better people and live a more joyful life. You don’t need zufus, incense sticks or crystals to experience the astounding benefits of meditation. All you are doing is learning about yourself and learning how to cultivate awareness. But I also know that sitting down and doing nothing can seem a little strange and challenging. That’s why I’ve made Playne, because it’s more than a game, its meditation.
Made with Love in Scotland!
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||Intel Core i3-2100T||Intel Core i5 3570K; AMD Ryzen 3 1300x or equivalent|
|VRAM||2 GB||4 GB|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|OS||Windows 7 64-bit, 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 7 64-bit, 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit|
|Graphics Card||AMD Radeon HD 7750||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960|
|Direct X||Version 11||Version 11|
|SOUND CARD||DirectX Compatible||DirectX Compatible|
|HDD Space||2 GB available space||2 GB|
|Game Analysis||Provided that you have at least an AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card you can play the game. But, according to the developers the recommended graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. You will need at least 2 GB of free disk space to install PLAYNE : The Meditation Game. An Intel Core i3-2100T CPU is required at a minimum to run PLAYNE : The Meditation Game. Whereas, an Intel Core i5-3570K is recommended in order to run it. The minimum memory requirement for PLAYNE : The Meditation Game is 8 GB of RAM installed in your computer. Additionally, the game developers recommend somewhere around 16 GB of RAM in your system. PLAYNE : The Meditation Game will run on PC system with Windows 7 64-bit, 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit and upwards.|