Heroes of the West is a community-generated mod for Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm. It pits US and British forces against German forces in iconic battles on the Western front in WWII. It introduces a new faction, the British Airborne, 4 new maps, 5 new character sets and 10 new weapons.
## About This Game
## COMMUNITY-MADE MOD FOR RED ORCHESTRA 2/RISING STORM
Heroes of the West is a mod created by the RO2 community which brings the
RO2/RS experience to the Western European theater, pitting the US forces
against the German Wehrmacht. It also introduces a whole new faction, the
British, bringing the ‘Tommies’ to the RO2 experience. The mod has been
developed with support from the developers, Tripwire Interactive. It includes
4 new maps, 5 new character sets and 10 new weapons.
The initial release of Heroes of the West on Steam will feature 4 maps:
* Omaha Beach – The US 29th Infantry Division storm the bloody beaches of Normandy during the ‘Longest Day’, June 6th 1944, battling against well dug-in Wehrmacht troops of the 352. Infanterie-Division.
* Carentan – Immediately after the invasion of mainland Europe on D-Day, units of the US 101st Airborne division fought to capture the key town of Carentan from the Fallschirmjager-Regiment 6. This was the first encounter between US airborne troops and their German counterparts in the Western Front theater.
* Port Brest – During the brutal fighting for the key port of Brest from 7 Aug to 19 Sept 1944, the 2 Fallschirmjager-Division defend against the US 2d Ranger Battalion. This was an encounter between the best troops of both sides and involved bitter street to street battles.
* Oosterbeek – Operation Market Garden was a bold attempt to get allied troops across the Rhine and into Germany before the end of 1944. In this map, troops of the British 1st Airborne defend the town of Oosterbeek against a mixed bag of German troops pushing into the key Rhine crossing at Arnhem, attempting to seize it back from the lightly armed British before the arrival of relieving mechanised ground forces.
## Key Features
* New player character models for the European Theater:
* German 1944 Heer
* American Rangers
* American Temperate Army
* American Airborne
* British Airborne.
* New weapons:
* M3 Grease gun
* G43 rifle
* G43 Scoped
* Sten MK V
* Lee-Enfield No.4 MkI
* Bren MkII
* FN Browning Hi-power
* Mills bomb
The Heroes of the West team will be continuing to support the mod with regular
updates of maps, characters, vehicles (hopefully) and weapons over the coming
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better||Quad Core 2.6 GHz or better|
|RAM||2 GB RAM||3 GB RAM|
|OS||Windows XP/Vista/7||Windows XP/Vista/7|
|Graphics Card||256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better||512 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 260 or better ATI® Radeon® HD 5750 or better|
|Direct X||Version 9.0c||Version 9.0c|
|SOUND CARD||Windows Supported Sound Card||Sound Blaster Audigy or better|
|HDD Space||23 GB available space||23 GB available space|
- Fragment of Marine
- Hentai – Area 51
- Flashover MegaSector
- Gerk the Gherkin
- Tiberium Redux
- Cannonball Clash
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
- Hello Neighbor Alpha 4
- PAYDAY 2: Cartel Optics Mod Pack
- Bounce ball light
- De’Vine: Card Game
- Award Winners: Platinum Edition
- Lifting Journey