This content requires the base game Field of Glory II on Steam in order to play.
## About This Content
Legions Triumphant expands Field of Glory II forwards five centuries from the
first Emperor, Augustus, until 476 AD when the last Emperor of the Western
Roman Empire, Romulus Augustulus, was deposed by his barbarian troops.
You can be part of the final conquests of the Roman Empire in Britain, Germany
and Dacia, and then the Pax Romana when the legions on the frontier mostly
kept at bay the barbarians to the north and first the Parthians, then the
Sassanid Persians, in the east. You can also witness the final disintegration
of Western Roman power under pressure from the Germans and Goths (themselves
attempting to outdistance the rising power of the Huns), and the desperate
attempts of 5th century leaders to hold at bay the barbarian tide, using
armies at least partly consisting of barbarian troops.
Legions Triumphant follows the development of the Roman Imperial Army through
its heyday, its late 3rd century AD reorganisation to deal with new threats,
and subsequent decline. It also follows the rise of its various enemies, the
Germans and Goths, the Sassanid Persians and the dreaded Huns.
Summary of features
* 10 new factions
* 19 new units
* 24 new army lists
* 10 new Epic Battles
* 36 new Quick Battles
* Expanded Custom Battles module.
* Expanded Sandbox Campaign module.
* 4 new historically-based campaigns.
* Main build updated with major improvements to gameplay.
* 10 new factions: Alans, Anglo-Saxons, Caledonians, Goths, Hephthalites, Huns, Palmyrans, Picts, Romano-British and Sassanid Persians.
* 17 new units: Early Imperial Legionaries, Early Imperial Auxiliaries, Auxiliary Archers, Veteran auxiliary cavalry, Roman Lancers, Late Roman Lancers, Legio Palatina, Legio Comitatensis, Auxilia Palatina, Limitanii, Armoured Horse Archers, Expert Armoured Horse Archers, Fierce Nomad Horse Archers (Huns), Fierce Nomad Light Horse Archers (Huns), Irregular Foot (trousered), Pictish Spearmen and Jewish Zealots. Also the following that were available in the base game, but not used: Roman auxiliary cavalry, Sassanid levy spearmen.
* 22 new army lists (which together with 2 in the free patch, expands the total number of army lists to 132).
* 10 new Epic Battles: Watling Street 61 AD, Adamclisi 102 AD, Hormozdgan 224 AD, Emesa 272 AD, Argentoratum 357 AD, Maranga 363 AD, Adrianople 378 AD, Frigidus 394 AD, Chalons 451 AD, Nedao 454 AD (each playable from either side).
* 36 new Quick Battles (each playable from either side).
* With Legions Triumphant (together with the base game and Immortal Fire) the Custom Battles and the Sandbox Campaigns modules now include 132 army lists.
* 4 new historically-based campaigns:
o Third Century Crisis
o King of Kings (Sassanid Persia)
o Empire of the Huns
* The free patch accompanying the release of Legions Triumphant includes major improvements to the campaign system.
o Ability to fight on after a lost battle.
o Maximum number of battles in sandbox campaigns increased, with more decision
points and new possible decisions and events.
o Additional enemies in sandbox campaigns. You will need to fend off attacks
by other enemies as well as advancing the campaign against your primary
o Units not only increase in quality following victories, but will upgrade to
higher quality unit types when they reach the required quality. (e.g. Raw
Pikemen > Pikemen > Veteran Pikemen).
o Anachronistic what if campaigns – by turning off the date and geographical
filters you can set up sandbox campaigns between any two nations covered by
the game from 550 BC to 476 AD. Additional enemies in the campaign will fit
the date of the main enemy – so that it will be as if your army had been
transported in time to a new era.
* Other major changes in the free patch:
o Improved AI.
o Evaders may suffer casualties even if they escape their pursuers.
o Chargers will now follow normal pursuit rules if their opponents break on
contact. i.e. Infantry (apart from warbands and raw troops) will not pursue.
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||2.0GHz or higher||INTEL Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz|
|VRAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|RAM||4 GB RAM||8 GB|
|OS||Windows 7 / 8 / 10||Windows 7/8/8.1/10|
|Graphics Card||1 GB DirectX 9 Compatible Graphics Card|
|Direct X||Version 9.0c||9.0c|
|SOUND CARD||DirectX compatible sound card||DirectX Compatible|
|HDD Space||5 MB available space||5 GB free|