The game can be used as a tool to get people interested in coding, or simply as a competitive game between different code.
There is also a “Basic Coder” provided for those new to programming – it’ll hopefully provide a way for non-programmers to learn the basics of programming. Or they can just use it to make scripts to play the game.
Some extensibility provided to create a simple sandbox environment. A “director” AI can be programmed to alter the dynamics of the game for a customizable experience. The “director” can also add custom entities that it would control.
Scripts are currently written in-game in C#, but any .NET language should be supported when using Visual Studio.
* Program scripts while game is in play to immediately view results
* Basic map editor
* Scintilla.NET code editor
* Basic “intellisense” to quickly find method needed
* “Director” AI allows a customizable experience – change the game rules, load custom models, add enemies, etc
* Basic messaging system allows interaction between different AI’s
* Powered by Irrlicht engine
* Keyboard control – control your player directly
Note that the source code is freely available on the provided CodePlex page.
Feel free to upload any custom scripts, maps, or content to the downloads/mods sections on this site.
DumbBots.NET was developed by mcsyko, Released in 2012-06-02
DumbBots.NET was Released on Windows
DumbBots.NET is a Single Player game
|Minimum System Requirements|
|CPU||1.0 GHz with SSE instruction set support|
|RAM||1 GB RAM|
|OS||Windows Vista or Later|
|Graphics Card||DX9 (shader model 2.0) compatible|
|Direct X||Version 9.0|
|HDD Space||500 MB available space|