The sequel to Square-Enix’ world-building Dragon Quest game.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 ドラゴンクエストビルダーズ アレフガルドを復活せよ 2) is an upcoming sequel to the 2016 sandbox game DQB. It was announced at the summer 2017 Dragon Quest festival, along with a brief preview video and a few small details addressed by Yuji Horii.
Much like how the first game takes place in an alternate reality of the original Dragon Quest, this installment takes place in an alternate timeline of Dragon Quest II, in which Hargon amasses a cult designed to discourage building and to ban worshiping of the Goddess under penalty of death. You play as a Builder rescued by a mysterious boy named Malroth from the ocean and find out you are on Empty Island, a place void of civilization. It is up to you and Malroth to bring the world back to its former glory by introducing the concept of Building back to the other islands and to defeat the Cult of Hargon.
- The stack-able block limit has been increased by three, making the maximum 64.
- Slopes are now built into the game’s physics engine.
- Players can dive into water if jumping from high ground.
- Weapons and hammers are now assigned to separate buttons.
- The ability to dash has been added.
- Farms can be tilled with the help of a friendly Wiggly, who aerates infertile spaces for cultivation.
- Players may now glide from high elevation via the Windbreaker cape.
- Vehicular transportation is possible with a car designed after an Army ant.
- The player can warp anywhere on an island, provided he or she had already been there once.
- Multiplayer has been implemented to allow up to four players.
- Animals are present for villages.
- Waterfalls are now present; this is due to player requests from the first game.
The evil Children of Hargon are determined to eradicate all creators and have outlawed the building, cooking, and creation of all things. In an attempt to spread their destructive dogma, the calamitous cult captures the builders of the world. All hope seems to be lost until you, a young apprentice builder, manage to escape from the clutches of evil.
After washing up on the shores of the deserted Isle of Awakening, you encounter the spirited Malroth, a mysterious youth with no memory of his past. With the help of your fearless new friend, you embark on a grand adventure to gather the skills required to become a full-fledged builder, but the road you build is paved with peril. Only you can defeat the Children of Hargon, uncover the secrets of Malroth’s past, and unravel the riddles of this mysterious land.
You must log in to post a comment