Dead or Alive 5 (also known as DOA5) is the fifth main versus-fighting installment in the Dead or Alive franchise. It was the first main title of the series to be released in seven years, following Dead or Alive 4 in 2005. It is the 14th game in the series, overall. Dead or Alive 5 was developed and produced by Team Ninja for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Due to a new partnership formed between Tecmo Koei and the Sega Corporation, Sega is handling the publication and distribution of the title in Europe, while Tecmo Koei is publishing it in all other regions.
In western territories – including the US and Europe – the Collectors Edition comes with:
* A copy of Dead or Alive 5 (either for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360)
* A premium embossed steel case for packaging
* A exclusive 92-page hardcover art book, with character renders, costume concept art and screenshots of stages.
* A 20-track CD of the official game soundtrack.
* A full-color wall poster, featuring most of the playable cast.
* A code for the “Premium Swimsuit” Costume DLC for the full cast of playable female characters in the game.