This content requires the base game DCS World Steam Edition on Steam in order
## About This Content
DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-
class aircraft carrier ever created. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is a
nuclear-powered fortress at sea with a crew of over 6,000 sailors and airmen.
The angled flight deck with arrestor wires and four steam-powered catapults
support air wing operations of up to 90 aircraft. The ship also includes a
formidable air defense system that includes the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile and
RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) missiles, and Close-In Weapon System
(CIWS) gun system. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is the ultimate power
10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of
the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:
CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt
CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
CVN-73 George Washington
CVN-74 John C Stennis
CVN-75 Harry S. Truman
At release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.
## Release features of DCS: Supercarrier include:
* Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.
* Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.
* Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated “rabbit lights” along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.
* Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.
* Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.
* Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.
* Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
* Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
* Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.
## After release, we will expand Supercarrier with additional features that
* Air Boss station.
* Briefing room.
* Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
* More LSO station interactions.
* Combined Arms integration.
* “Burble” effect.
* Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
* Functional barricade net.