Darkened Abyss was developed by xvertrex, Released in 2018-11-09
Darkened Abyss was Released on Windows,Mac,Linux
Darkened Abyss is a Single Player game
### Check out my **Kickstarter Campaign**!
” When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
## The Game:
My vision for Darkened Abyss is to create a bold, mysterious world where no one knows what is lurking around a dark corner. The structures are weathered. There are no signs of life. Time stands still, untouched by the outside world.
Imagine yourself stumbling around in darkness, and suddenly you are rewarded with an amazing and astonishing discovery. Take caution, however, because your next discovery may be your last. I want to make all this as captivating as possible, inorganic monsters, ancient civilization relics and strangely beautiful landscapes.
What would do if you find yourself unconscious at the bottom of an abyss, with no memory of who you are or how you got there. The only way out is through exploration, discovery and electrifying combats using only your wits and courage.
* Discover new clues, puzzles, fighting abilities and powerful ancient weapons to help you unlock mysteries and battle against mystical creatures lurking in the dark.
* Explore different and unique levels in the vast world within the abyss. The deeper you go the more chaotic your surroundings become. Search for hidden rooms and treasure spots to give you an advantage during your journey.
* Encounter a variety of monsters, each representing the traits of their environment and giving clues to pieces of your past. The further down you go, the stronger and smarter they get, approaching you with more advanced attack patterns, rapid movement, traps, and special abilities of their own.
### Core Mechanics
* Primary & Secondary Weapons: On your journey to find your past, you encounter weapons hidden in unexpected places. You may also choose to create your own weapons using rare material and “lost weapon recipes”. It’s more difficult to achieve, but more rewarding as well.
* Dash: Dash Abilities! You will get this ability very early on. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it can be a life saver. You can’t dash repeatedly so use it wisely. Every time you dash, you are actually altering your physical body into glowing dust for a short period of time before reverting back. This is also useful when going through small obstacles.
* Futuristic weapon: There will be different types of weapons requiring you to change your play style accordingly. For example, a futuristic offensive laser system may take a long time to charge leaving you vulnerable. However, it can do a lot of damage. This is why a combination of shooting and dashing away can be an effective way to shoot down your enemies.
* Sword: Slice the enemies in front of you! Although the sword given to you at the beginning of your journey may be ineffective, however swords you pick up along your journey will have hidden magic and their own special trait (status boost, magical attacks, temporary shields, etc.).
Track #1: What happens next…
## Progress & Status:
I’ve been working on Darkened Abyss for slightly over a year. Being the longest project I have worked on so far, and it’s the best one yet. I have been working on modeling, programming, designing and music. I have the basic systems for the game done and it is time to put them together and create an awesome game!
In order to make a great game, I require a lot of custom made assets which requires a ton of time to manually model each one. Some models need rigging and animation as well. However, when it is done right, it will actually look stunning! Yay!
I also have to account for time to perfect the current systems and the time to create new features I may add to the game in the future. I estimate this will take me a whole year to do. The potential release date will be late 2018. I will be periodically posting updates so you have a rough idea of what I am working on and my current progress.
I strongly believe in feedback from players, although some say it is not good to be swayed too easily by every single feedback. But I do think it is also a good idea to keep your eyes and ears open for important thoughts and opinions.
## About Me:
Hi! My name is Napat. Although I have chosen software development in the gaming industry as my career, but in my heart, I am just an artist who lives each day as if it were my last.
I am a glass-half-full kind of guy who is easily distracted. Just hearing my favorite songs is more than enough to transport my mind to faraway lands. For the moment, my mind is totally fixated on beautiful graphics, great anime, and what will happen after a successful colonization of Mars.
On a more serious note, I am glad to see so many people are interested in my game. I promise to do everything I can to make the game as beautiful, fun and interesting as possible.
Finally, I would like to personally thank each and every one of my supporters. I look forward to hanging out, paying close attention to your feedback, and personally engaging with each of you.
I will be focusing on providing you with an out-of-this-world gaming experience!