- Size 12.1 MB
- Ratings 55
- AgeRating 4+ [?]
- Developer: Soferio Pty Ltd
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2012-04-03
- Supports: Family Sharing
- Languages: English
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English grammar game app / Available on the iPhone and iPad
SenGram is an iPhone and iPad language game which presents pre-prepared sentence diagram puzzles and solutions to those puzzles, for players to solve.
(Please note: this is an educational sentence-diagramming puzzle game, it is NOT a tool which will solve your homework for you...).
This puzzle game tests and improves your ability to take sentences apart, identify the underlying grammatical structure, and reflect that structure on a diagram.
This game will be of interest to students of language (including ESL students), lovers of language and grammar, those sitting standardised tests with a grammar component (e.g. SAT, GMAT, NAPLAN) as well as those who are familiar with sentence diagrams and enjoy completing them as puzzles. The game might be especially useful to those students who are are currently studying a course in which sentence diagramming is used as a teaching tool.
Some reviews (US region):
by Beezer88 - Version 1.00 - Aug 11, 2012. This is great for teaching how to diagram a sentence. Keep developing!!! :)
by Viskid - Version 1.00 - Aug 11, 2012
This application has been used to great effect in my classroom. Used as part of the daily warmup, my kids are becoming so efficient at this oft forgotten skill. 5 stars and a hip-hip-hooray for this app.
by GhostGame123 - Version 1.00 - Aug 9, 2012. I teach Latin and a major difficulty is getting the students to see the structure of sentences. The problem, at least in part, is that they don't (or can't) see structure even in English--no one teaches diagramming any more. I'm going to try to incorporate this into this year's classes. Thanks; I'd certainly buy more elaborate versions or buy upgrades in app.
by Louwege - Version 1.00 - Jul 19, 2012
Please continue to develop. Great aid to learning. Thank you.
Your objective when playing the game will be to place each word in the 'puzzle sentence' in its correct place on the 'sentence diagram'.
At present the app includes over 100 sentence puzzles, including:
(1) Subject and verb: 20 sentences.
(2) Article, adjective, adverb, possessive: 21 sentences.
(3) Prepositional phrase, adverbial noun: 20 sentences.
(4) Object - direct, indirect: 20 sentences.
(5) Linking verb: 20 sentences.
(6) Co-ordinating conjunction: 12 sentences.
(7) Challenge puzzles: 10 sentences.
In addition, there are further puzzles for purchase within the app in the 'SenGram Store'.
The style of diagram adopted in this app is known as the 'Reed Kellogg' style, and there are many websites and books devoted to it. In our view this style of diagramming offers one of the more enjoyable ways to test and improve your knowledge of grammar, especially if you have a visual mind.
Best of luck! We hope you enjoy the puzzles!
- Bubble Wizards Dark Shoot
- Bubble Wonderful - Shooting Circle Match 3 Games
- Bubble Wonderland
- Bubble Wonders - Pop Bubbles
- Bubble Words : Connect puzzle
- Bubble Words Puzzle
- Bubble World - In the Sea
- Bubble World Explore
- Bubble World Mania
- Bubble world of mermaid
- Bubble World Shooter Puzzle
- Bubble World: Blash Ball Game
- Bubble World: New Shoot Game
- Bubble World: Shooter iCe
- Bubble Wrap