- Size 805.1 MB
- Ratings 19
- AgeRating 9+ [?]
- Developer: Thirteen/WNET
- Website: Official website
- Release Date: 2017-04-13
- Supports: Family Sharing
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Step into the shoes of Ginny and Frank Dunn, 13-year-old twins in 1930s Texas. Prospects for survival on your family wheat farm are grim. How will you weather the impending devastation of the Great Depression and Dust Bowl? As Frank, you can ride the rails around the country in search of work and adventure. As Ginny, you can help others find aid and work through New Deal programs, and travel west to assist famed photographer Dorothea Lange. Alternating between Frank and Ginny's viewpoints, you will meet people from many different walks of life, experiencing and overcoming the daunting challenges many Americans faced in these hard times.
"Up from the Dust" is the fifth in the award-winning MISSION US series of adventure role-playing games designed to engage tweens and teens in U.S. history.
• Play alternates between two main characters
• Innovative choice-driven story with over 20 possible endings and badge system
• Includes interactive prologue, 5 playable parts, and epilogue - approx. 2-2.5 hours of gameplay, segmented for flexible implementation
• Diverse cast of characters features a range of perspectives on the Depression
• Farm minigame simulates boom and bust cycle and impact of drought and Depression on local farmers
• New Deal minigame focuses on government programs that helped ordinary Americans
• Primary source documents and historic photographs are integrated into game design
• Collection of free classroom support resources available at mission-us.org includes document-based questions, primary sources, class activities, vocabulary builders, standards alignments, writing prompts and visual aids.
ABOUT MISSION US:
• AWARDS include: Games for Change Award for Most Significant Impact, Japan Prize, multiple Parents' Choice Gold, Common Sense Media ON for Learning, and International Serious Play awards, and Webby and Daytime Emmy nominations.
• CRITICAL ACCLAIM: USA Today: "a powerful game that all kids should experience"; Educational Freeware: "one of the most captivating educational games online"; Kotaku: "a slice of livable history that every American should play"; 5 out of 5 stars from Common Sense Media
• GROWING FAN BASE: More than 1.7 million registered users across the US and around the world to date.
• PROVEN IMPACT: Major study by Education Development Center (EDC) found students who studied the Great Depression and Dust Bowl using "Up from the Dust " significantly outperformed those who studied the topics using typical materials (textbook and lecture) - showing a 14.9% knowledge gain versus less than 1% for the other group.
• TRUSTED TEAM: Produced by THIRTEEN WNET NY Public Media (NY's flagship PBS station) in partnership with educational game development company Electric Funstuff and the American Social History Project/Center for Media and Learning, City University of New York.
- Taali Bajao - Urdu Poem
- Taamkru - Satit
- Tab & Color
- Tab Sled
- Tab To Opposite
- Tabaco Asesino
- Tabata! Lite: 4 Minute Workout Challenge. Burn calories faster than ever!
- Tabbydo Airplanes Colorbook Free : Coloring pages for Kids, preschoolers and toddlers
- Tabbydo Alphabets Writing : Letter tracing game for kids and preschoolers
- Tabbydo Dino Colorbook Free : Explore the dinosaur coloring pages
- Tabbydo Learn First Words in English