This content requires the base game Train Simulator 2019 on Steam in order to play.
## About This Content
Experience a unique taste of historic Frankfurt by diving into two distinct
lines of the network, the S5 and the S6.
The foundations for a modern rapid transit system through the centre of
Frankfurt am Main, and beyond into the outer Rhine-Main region, were set in
the late 1960s. Throughout the decade, planners had devised a new tunnel to be
burrowed under Frankfurt, connecting the main station with a key commuter
destination further into the city.
The new tunnel was connected to various regional lines in the area, giving
them all an inner-city connection from 1978 onwards. This was later extended,
and the lines along with it, to make what is today a huge network sprawling
outwards in all directions.
Two lines in particular, the S5 and S6 lines, serve as important interchange
lines between the Taunus Railway and the Main-Weser Railway, bringing
commuters closer to the heart of the city than main lines ever could. It is
these two lines which are present in the Rhine-Main S-Bahn route for Train
The S5 and S6 lines are represented in full, covering their shared-track
section from Frankfurt Sud to Frankfurt West, including 6 underground
stations, before each head for Friedrichsdorf and Friedberg respectively –
covering some 60 km of high frequency rail en route.
Both S5 and S6 lines are today operated by the DB BR 423. 100 of these
articulated EMUs serve Frankfurt – their lightweight and open design, good
acceleration and top speed being suited for the demand of modern, rapid,
## Included Scenarios
The Frankfurt S-Bahn Rhein Main Route features a total of 6 challenging Career
scenarios, covering commuter operations on both the S5 and S6 lines.
* S5 Bad Homburg – Frankfurt Sud
* S5 Frankfurt Sud – Friedrichsdorf
* S5 Friedrichsdorf – Frankfurt Sud
* S6 Frankfurt Sud – Friedburg
* S6 Friedburg – Frankfurt HBF
* S6 Groß Karben – Frankfurt Sud
Please Note: DB ICE 2 EMU Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order
to play some of the scenarios featured in this add-on.
More scenarios are available on the Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train
Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding
many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why
don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
## Key Features
* 60 km route covering the S5 and S6 Lines of Frankfurt’s Rhein Main S-Bahn network
* 28 stations in total, including bespoke 6 underground stations.
* Key locations such as Frankfurt-am-Main Hbf, as well as the S5 and S6’s Stresemannallee sidings and Außenbahnhof depot
* Authentically recreated DB BR 423 EMU
* 4, 8 or 12-car formations
* Functional train destination display (ZZA)
* Start-up procedure
* Manual or automatic control of the passenger doors
* 6 engaging Career scenarios
* Comprehensive Quick Drive options
* Download size: 743.8mb
|Minimum System Requirements|
|CPU||2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)|
|RAM||4 GB RAM|
|OS||Windows® 7 / 8.1|
|Graphics Card||Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required|
|SOUND CARD||Direct X 9.0c compatible|
|HDD Space||40 GB HD space|