Prosperity is always constructed on the foundations of poverty and discrimination…and the two exist in even the most ideal of societies…
The turf war between street gangs intensifies downtown.
Until now there have always been skirmishes, but as a result of the incident that occurred six months ago, things have taken a turn for the worse…
-SIX MONTHS AGO-
In Block A, known as Sanctions Lane, the man referred to as the mightiest downtown gang leader is assassinated.
This man had dispatched assassins to bring down Duke, the leader of Mephistopheles, an up-and-coming gang in the area…
But the attempt ended in failure, and in return, the life of the assassination attempt’s perpetrator was forfeited.
To the poor and downtrodden, he was their savior…and his name was Fate.
After his death, Southtown came under the thumb of Mephistopheles.
Mephistopheles, however, failed to bring all of the street gangs under their influence.
Within this small group of insurgents were Alba and Soiree, the two said to be destined to become the next leaders of downtown. They owe a debt of gratitude to Fate, who looked after these two when they were kids.
Alba happened to be present at the assassination of Duke, which triggered subsequent incidents.
Consequently, Alba was regarded as a traitor, but Alba’s younger brother and his fellow gang members work to clear his name.
With the death of Fate, the balance of power has tipped and all gangs await the opportunity to rule the underworld.
To restore order to the chaotic downtown scene, Alba attempts to contact Duke.
Hyena, assuming the role of mediator, relays the conditions for a meeting with Duke.
The sole condition: If you want a meeting, first you must battle and defeat all those whom I designate.
Alba swallows this cynical circumstance so that he himself may bring things to a conclusion with Duke.
Meanwhile, Soiree swings into action. In order for his older brother Alba to assume leadership downtown, Soiree sees it necessary to defeat Duke.
* First ever 3D KOF title
* Extreme 1 on 1 fighting to the max!
* Multiple modes of play featuring Story, Versus, Challenge and Practice
* Nineteen incredible SNK characters featuring returning favorites and all new characters to the franchise
* Enhanced character movement with the all new sideways feature and 4 different jump moves
* Spectacular combo moves specific to each character to inflict massive damage
* Send your opponent airborne with the all new Knock Back Attack feature
New Xbox Features:
* Supports full Xbox Live featuring Head-to-Head fighting and Tournament Mode
* New Re-Match mode on Xbox Live allows you to instantaneously battle your opponent again and again.
* Stop action camera – Pause the action and take pictures of your favorite characters in full 360 degrees.
* Choose between English or Japanese voice-over languages
* Review the moves and voices of your favorite character in the exclusive new Profile mode.